Wine Trade Information
Why Vin Neuf?
Our careful selection of wines from quality driven producers and suppliers is of paramount importance and we pride ourselves on the breadth of our range. By building relationships with growers and visiting them on a regular basis we can boast confidence about the quality, individuality and continuity throughout our list. Going direct to producers for a large number of our wines and cutting out layers of middlemen also enables us to offer extremely competitive prices. If you want a unique and quality driven wine list, produced with passion and a thorough knowledge of the market – then we are the UK wine merchant for you.
- En Primeur or Lying Abroad Wines: some of our trade customers choose to buy wines whilst they are still lying abroad. This can be an excellent way of buying wines at the best price possible, provided you’re prepared to wait for them to be shipped.
- Oddments List: small parcels of interesting wines, ports and spirits can be sent on request. This is an excellent source of fine wine for the top end of your list that will help to really set you apart from your competition.
- Advice: whether over the telephone, or when we visit in person, it is crucial for us to give you friendly, down-to-earth advice at whatever level you require – our motivated wine loving team is here to help.
- Wine Lists: for restaurants we can provide training and descriptions on every wine that we sell.
- Staff Training: we can help familiarise your staff with any of our wines chosen for your list. Regular staff training is hugely effective in helping to sell right across your wine list.
- Tastings: we hold regular wine and gin tastings in our Stratford Upon Avon wine shop cellars and can host wine dinners in your own setting if desired.
How can we compete on price?
We are sometimes asked how we can compete on price. The answer is several fold:
- Firstly we save by shipping direct whenever possible and holding wines in our warehouse
- We are continuously negotiating with wine producers, distillers and breweries for special deals for our trade customers
- We are a family-run and owned company not tied down by red tape when it comes to importing the best deals